Wednesday, July 29, 2009

BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

I don't understand at all. I've been rocking natural hair since the fall of 06 and I had cut all of my relaxer and an started over. My hair is some much more healthier now..It's natural and I feel free....I've been getting a lot of hateration from mostly black people about my hair, they say things like "you need to get a perm" they call my hair "nappy" and they talk bad about it all the time at school.....What's so great abotu straight hair???Why is it so special??? It think Black women look 10x better with natrual hair...It's disgusts me that even the Black women in hollywood don't wear their stuff natural, they all look just like the white actresses. I refuse to straigthen my hair ever again. I'm cured of all my self-loathing. I love being natrual....I feel more Afro-Caribbean now....It's funny though, more white people dig my hair, they think it's nice.....



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

You have no idea how much I agree. I know my avatar has long hair but thats just cuz I have micros right now that I never should have had put in in the first place. Im missing my natural. I cut my hair off summer of 2007 and it grew so fast, thick and healthy. My mom had my hair relaxed when I was 6 so its sad because I never experienced my real hair or at least remembered it. And now I love it. The texture is so soft with like O curls in some spots.



I did the big chop because through out my life I'd been going to African American schools where every little girl had a relaxer and the ones who didn't were teased to no end until they begged their mamas to let them get one. Late 2006, I went to college and I started seeing how other nationalities wore their natural hair or atleast didnt go to such a length as to harmfully chemically modify it. I was embarrassed. I started looking at local girls with natural hair and thought it was beautiful. So I finally cut mine (And now Ive inspired my roommate to do so also just by wearing it! lol!



So many people have mistaken me for a revolutionary. It makes me sad because so many girls are stuck on conforming and too afraid to try out their natural hair that anyone who does HAS to be mistaken for a rebellion leader or something. Some of my friends laughed. Said I looked like something out of the 70s. My boyfriend said he thought people with afros were "lazy". Hes mexican. People are so ignorant about our hair, but the worst part is so are we. He's my ex now and even now he says I looked better with my "white girl hair".



And its not just hair. Its glorification of light skinned girls too. Im light skinned and I LOVE my color. I think its gorgeous. BUT I think dark skin is beautiful too. I wanted to be darker when I was younger because my mother was so gong ho for loving darker skinned girls. She STILL wants to be darker. But I disagree with her just because sometimes in supporting those of your race, you lose sight of whats beautiful about you. I think she has but I know now being "yellow" is just as beautiful as being chocolate. Well, Im rambling now but I agree with you 99 percent. And stop with the dye too. HOnestly, blonde does not look good on us.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

I would think anything natural has to be good! I'm white and I like the natural look. To many people get hung up on the stupidest things. Not's let the haters get to you hun.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

Because Hollywood says Caucasian hair is the best.



But if people want to dye their hair, relax their hair, perm their hair, wear wigs, wear weaves and so on, who are we to stop them. If it makes them happy, let them do it. There's a shortage of happiness in the world.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

Ignore those stupid a** girls at school. If anything you should be laughing at them because they're the ones that are afraid of being themselves (which is black) and you are so right about black men being hypocrites when it comes to how they like black women's hair to be. They sit around and talk about how much they don't like weave and how they only like "natural" hair. But when you wear it natural they want to trip and call it unnatractive.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

I think its beautiful that you've chosen to wear your hair in its natural state. I agree, black women do look better with their natural hair, rather than having that super flat hair. I admire you for this and I wish I had the same kind of confidence as you do.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

Hey, I don't speak for all black men, but I love sistas with natural hair, especially afros and dreads. It gives ya'll that socially conscious an black and proud look of the 70閳ユ獨. They haters just hate cause they don't have the guts to do it.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

I don't know why so many black women feel the need to straighten their hair. I think that's because that is what the sutle pop culture messages are sending them. Straght hair and white skin are good. I love natural hair. I hate the fake, generic straight white girl hair.



I'm a quarter black and a little over half white, with some dashes of Native American (Choctaw) and everything else. It's a grab bag with me. I guess I have a little jungle fever. :)



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

Its all a matter of preference and how much time you can commit to your hair. I have natural hair right now only b/c I am waiting for my layers to grow out then get a relaxer. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with natural hair.



I know what you are talking aobut. When I did wear a relaxer and went a long time between relaxers I would get comments about needing one.



I have also heard alot of women that wear natural hair say that they get alot of compliments from non-blacks more specifically white than they do from their own people. Its really sad.



Even though MOST black actresses have relaxers thare are a handful that do have natural hair jill scott comes to mind and I believe heather headly.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

I aplaud you for wearing your hair natural. Black people have SO MUCH HATE FOR THEMSELVES. Its so sad.White people wanted black people to hate themselves. "divide and conquer" and the foolish black people are playing into that trap because it's a cycle perpetuaded through the media and society in general.



Yes stars like Beyonce, Mary J Ciara and Tyra who wear weaves/extensions and ugly blonde crap in their hair do not help. (there isnt anything wrong with blonde hair just not on all black people per se.) Black women that hate themselves do and will say that your kind of hair is ugly, hard, nappy and unkempt. I say its beautiful. Perms will and do make you hair straight but they also break your hair off, burn it and leave you bald eventually. Plus you can't color it.



Black people have gorgeous hair. It can be curly/wavey one day and flat ironed straight the next. You can have natural hair that is soft and easily managed if you know how to do you hair. Most black women dont so they take the easy way out and perm it. To all you white people that is why so many black women have short hair or wear weaves/wig. They over process the hair and then it gets bald.



I find it truly sad that however when you say white people like your hair when there was a time when they didnt like the whole afro thing hence the jehri curl products to unkink the hair, but i guess thats how it goes with everything dealing with black people. They hate it first then like it. Dont ever perm you hair, its fine just the way it is. Their just jealous because you hair is longer and you didnt need a perm to get it that way ^_^



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

I have no problem w/ natural hair. I am Afro-Caribbean as well (Trinidad) but I do have a relaxer in my hair. It is not because I am "submitting to European ideals of beauty", I prefer it for myself and do have relatives with natural hair. If anything, I support it because not everyone can wear their hair natural and be fabulous! I know I couldn't!



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

While people are entitled to their preferences, they should not be projecting their europhilia(like that word?) onto you. I appreciate natural hair myself. I find African hairstyles beautiful. I grew up in the 70's when big fro's were what we all wanted, I remember going to parties and concerts and watch a sea of fro's bouncing to the beat in the black light. Natural is healthier, Im not going to go to the self hate issues, while I believe many AA women AND MEN have been brainwashed to think long and straight are more beautiful, I dont necessarily think these women are denying their Blackness.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

It all falls under HATIN..... Babygirl if u love it then do u. forget what they think. We as a race are our own worse enemy. You keep on rock the natural look . Do what makes you feel good and better about yourself



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

Long hair, light skinned women are still proud black women. I do not have a problem with natural hair, I think black hair in it's natural state is beautiful.



I think everyone should be proud of their heritage, but you showed no love for light skinned black women in your additional comments. I am a light skinned sista with long hair, and NOT chemically straightened. That makes me no less proud or less black sista.



You are a proud sista, proud of your heritage, but remember that we do all come in all shades. Some of us have curly hair, straight hair, wavy hair and kinky hair.



Now I must say this, although I do not straighten my hair, I have nothing but love for ALL sistas. Because a woman chooses to wear their hair in a style different than natural it does not mean that they have lost who and what they are. They could still love the skin that they were born in, but had a different choice.



Something as small as a hairstyle should not make the decision of who and what someone is or chooses to be. We are stronger united than tearing one another down. We have to stop this.



A sista is a sista no matter if she has a weave or ball headed. We need to give each other the respect as such and stop tearing each other down for small things like this.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

you know whats funny. wm seem to like when i wear my hair natural vs wearing it straight or in a weave. black men yeah, some of them are like that, dont know why, though.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

When you say it disgust you that black women in hollywood don't wear natural hair, you are just as judgemental as you claim others to be about you. I tried the natural thing, and it didn't work for me. I might try again later on when I can find out more about how to care for my hair in its natural form. I think its great you wear your hair natural, but don't come down on others because you don't agree with they way they wear their hair.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

You can hold 400 + years of racism (white supremacy) responsible, Varying degrees of racial prejudice / discrimination supported and practiced institutionally in every kind of society strengthens oppression and thus perpetuates the condition that has resulted into rejecting your own self.



Black people are still predominately victims of racism (White supremacy) and are still reminded in every society that their black, whether they apply for a Job, whether they are in education, at the mall or at the sidewalk or even in the household, most have now become uncomfortable, embarrassed and anxious of high amounts of racial prejudice / discrimination because of their "bad hair" etc image.



Majority (Maybe all) of blacks go through an identity crisis, then they feel the need to use chemicals, products or perm their hair to be in the world that they are constantly reminded that they're not Caucasian. The society that constantly tells them that the blackness (African) image is unacceptable, a curse, sub-human and whiteness (European) is acceptable, normal, human.



Please don't feel disgusted, upset and try not to hate those blacks that have submitted to the system, the reality of racism (white supremacy) because it still exists and the burden that blacks have to hold in this world is heavy, especially with all the institutionalized racism (White supremacy) this society throws at them continuously.



I say continue rocking your natural self, Only if you are capable, if you feel comfortable enough in it, stay strong and don't de-value yourself because others don't see your worth.



I take my hat of to you.



Peace.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

I like natural hair, but I don't really mind wearing my hair straight, either. What I don't like is what you pointed out--black woman dying their hair european colors like blonde and red and other colors like that.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

having straight hair is what's seen as pretty, and black girls (myself included), don't realize this, but that's the whole reason they do it. to be seen as nice looking.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

Well, it's so good to see women/girls who finally realise the truth: natural is unbeatable ! A LOT of women don't think that God has made a better job with them ,than cosmetics ever will, if u know what I mean! So, this is more of an aswer/message to all of the women on this planet: a "natural" woman will always be a winner, because naturality rules-it's as simple as that (trust me, this is what all normal men think, all over the world!-besides,it's been proved by many scientific experiments )



Be advised, cosmetic corporations ,and not only them, will always try to trick you into buying their products, they will always try to make u feel less beautiful in order to make u feel that u need their ever unsuccesful products !!!



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

I agree mostly with everything you said %26amp; I 100% love natural hair on black women!!!!!!!!!!!!



And there are MORE black men who do. You just have to be at the right places. Try going to places where they play more Erykah Badu (whose cd comes out Tues.!), Jill Scott, %26amp; Lauryn Hill, D'angelo than the usual suspects. Cafes, poetry spots etc. if you're too young for clubs.



Above all be strong. We need more examples of young black women who love their natural hair.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

It's all of what you feel is attractive.



Plus to educate your mind a little the white actresses do not wear their own hair either. Almost everyone in hollywood wears extensions or weaves.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

Just do you own thing and don't concern yourself with what others are thinking-remember ignorance to some is sheer bliss!



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

Just like how every other race can change their hairstyle/texture than so can black people. If they want it straight, curly, wavy ..... why not?



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

Congratulations for your natural hair! It is indeed beautiful. My aunt rocks the dreads and so does her daughter. Me, I have been natural wearing an afro puff or braids and I have been straight like now. It is sad that we don't have enough media and mainstream representation of natural black hair and sadder still that many of our brothers are hypocrites when it comes to black women's hair. IMHO what they're saying when they put down girls with weaves is that they don't want a black woman. They want the women who have naturally straight hair. But the brother who said you have to find the right crew that will accept you, is on the money.



BLACK PEOPLE: What is you're problem with natural hair????

They do that because white women's hair is perfect %26amp; they want there hair like ours.So they want to get a weave or get it straight which is fake.There trying to be something that they aren't.Which is just really sad,be proud of what you are. I'm going to post a question like this,because there is still a part of it I would like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment