Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A question on permed to natural hair.?

i have decided to stop perming my hair and go natural again. the perm damaged and broke off my hair really bad. my hair was passed my shoulders before the perm, and now it above my shoulders. while my hair is growing out, cuz i don't want to chop it off, what all can i use on it to make it healthier?without being expensive or ordering off the internet, what all can i buy? my last perm was on 11/14/07 but i washed my hair with a mixture of things( food things) that i put together and it stripped some of my perm. my hair at the roots got wavy and my ends got thick. I'm hoping to just trim my ends for a while and keep my hair in some kind of braids for a while. what can expect happening to my hair as it grows out?



A question on permed to natural hair.?

Pantene Relaxed %26amp; Natural products were specifically formulated to protect relaxed hair from breakage and add healthy oils and protein back to your hair.



http://www.pantene.com/jsp/product/index...



Ultra Sheen also makes great hairdressings to protect your hair and stimulate a healthy scalp %26amp; hair.



http://www.johnsonproducts.com/ultra_she...



In addition, here are a list of foods %26amp; vitamins that promote healthy hair.



Vitamin A - Antioxidant that helps produce healthy sebum in the scalp. Food sources: Fish liver oil, meat, milk, cheese, eggs, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, apricots and peaches. Daily Dose: 5,000 IU.



Vitamin C - Antioxidant that helps maintain skin %26amp; hair health. Food sources: Citrus fruits, strawberries, kiwi, cantaloupe, pineapple, tomatoes, green peppers, potatoes and dark green vegetables. Daily Dose: 60 mg.



Vitamin E - Antioxidant that enhances scalp circulation. Food sources: Cold-pressed vegetable oils, wheat germ oil, soybeans, raw seeds and nuts, dried beans, and leafy green vegetables. Daily dose: Up to 400 IU.



Biotin - Helps produce keratin, may prevent graying and hair loss. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, whole grains, egg yolks, liver, rice and milk. Daily dose: 150-300 mcg.



Inositol - Keeps hair follicles healthy at the cellular level. Food sources: Whole grains, brewer's yeast, liver and citrus fruits. Daily Dose: Up to 600 mg.



Niacin (Vitamin B3) - Promotes scalp circulation. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, wheat germ, fish, chicken, turkey and meat. Daily dose: 15 mg.



Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - Prevents graying and hair loss. Food sources: Whole grain cereals, brewer's yeast, organ meats and egg yolks. Daily dose: 4-7 mg.



Vitamin B6 - Prevents hair loss, helps create melanin, which gives hair its color. Food sources: Brewer's yeast, liver, whole grain cereals, vegetables, organ meats and egg yolk. Daily dose: 1.6 mg.



Vitamin B12 - Prevents hair loss. Food sources: Chicken, fish, eggs and milk. Daily dose: 2 mg.



A question on permed to natural hair.?

Nothing! Just leave it alone and give it time to heal. I got a perm and all my hair fell out. I'm african american and native american...soo I don't have that true nappy nappy roots, you know? Some ppl just aren't meant for perms! Try to rock your natural hair...I use half-wigs...they're cute and inexpensive and I look like I get my hair done all the time!



Take care of your hair. Wash it once a week. I like to use Doctor Miracle's...good stuff. Condition it. Grease it. Wear hats when you go in the sun, soo your drak hair won't fade.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment