Monday, July 20, 2009

Going back to my natural hair. Help !!!!!?

I had some nice natural hair, wavey, curly and long. But I relaxed it a couple yeas ago, a while back. As much as I perm it none of the perm I use will relax it good how I want. I mean I'm not trying to sound consited or anything, but I am a pretty person, but my hair is just breaking really bad. Now I'm trying to go back natural. And since I was used to perm hair it's hard to deal with going back natural. I get so vex I just feel like perming it again, But, I don't want to make a mistake and mess up a chance of my hair comming back good. So I'm just thinking about putting in the braids for school. But you see the thing is when I take out the braids I know if my hair isn't natural all the way I will get stressed having to deal with my hair and it's going to be kind of half natural and half permed. I don't have a problem if my hair is natural all the way or if it would perm good. What do you think I should do?, keep on relaxing or try the natural thing, just put the braids in. HELP !!!!



Going back to my natural hair. Help !!!!!?

I think you should go natural. Just keep trimming the relaxed part off.



Going back to my natural hair. Help !!!!!?

are you perming yourself, or are you going to a salon.....if doing yourself then I would suggest going to the salon and having it professionally done. the reason that your hair may be breaking is because you are overlapping the relaxer and that already damaged hair just cant take it anymore, and so it breaks. You need something like nexus emergencee, and lots of conditioning treatments, and look for products that have Keratin in it. Keratin is a protein found in your hair, and Keratin will help lessen the breaking.



Going back to my natural hair. Help !!!!!?

I went through the same thing this past year. I just wore my hair in a loose ponytail for about 2 months then wore braids for 2 months. After that I braided my hair up every night and took them out in the morning and wore my hair crinkly for a while. All the while I was slowly cutting off the permed hair. Now I'm wearing my hair in an afro, and all the permed hair is cut off.



Going back to my natural hair. Help !!!!!?

Isn't it amazing that those with curly hair want to have it straightened...those with straight hair want it curly..



Yep, no one seems to be satisfied with their natural look...and most of the treatments seem to have a negative effect after a while.



I'm no one to judge, because I am part of the crowd of dissatifieds.



I have long curly hair...runs in the genes. I use John Freida products to help both the curl and then sometimes I use the straighteners to take out the frizz and relax it a bit.



Then of course, I need the shimmer and shine that it doesn't seem to do naturally...



I'm not into irons and blow dryers...which have caused me bald spots in the past...instead the good ol' fashion brush it out...spin it to the back of my head to straighten out, or just leave it curly by letting it dry on its own.



Tinting or high lighting is done only at the roots once I've achieved a color I like...no need to pull it through to further damage the hair.



Hair treated and styled well will tend to keep its shape. If you are losing hair...stop the normal procedure and re-evaluate what you are doing to cause the hair loss and then only do that which will giive you great hair.



Going back to my natural hair. Help !!!!!?

I know NOTHING about hair. Best I could suggest is to go with the natural thing. If your hair looks good in braids or especially corn rows go for it. I have seen some absolutely beautiful, even, dare I say, artistic, corn rows. Especially with the beads. Of course there's also the, what is it called? French braid? Lot like one or two big corn row's. Us white folks use it a lot.



My hair is just slightly wavy and has never held a perm worth a flip, so I gave up on those years ago. Too bad I can't do the corn row thing, Trouble is I know if I tried, when my hair was taken down it would be total frize for about an hour or so. (A Blond 'fro's is just NOT a good look for me!) Yes, only an hour or so. That's also about how long a perm lasts for me as well.



Good luck with your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment