Saturday, July 25, 2009

Natural /unrelaxed Black/Ethnic/African hair: heat straightening?

I want to straighten my natural hair. I've had braids for the last 2 years and before then, my hair was relaxed. I reaaaally don't want to relax my hair again, but I need to have my hair straightened for work (or alternatively, get very very small braids which is a big no for me). Several friends and I have attempted to straighten it with no success. It absorbs humidity and returns to its natural state within the hour.



IF a stylist can heat straighten it weekly with little/no maintenance during the week, I would be thrilled. BUT, even if she does, I work out. What am I to do?



Signed,



Stuck b/w a jar of relaxer and a hard place.



Natural /unrelaxed Black/Ethnic/African hair: heat straightening?

I have tried EVERYRTHING on my daughter's hair.......heat, straightening irons, etc.......the only thing I found that works is relaxing. I've been to dozens of hair stylists etc, they all used a relaxer. I know these are very harsh and burn, but I have started using one with Olive oil in it and it does a really great job at keeping her hair straight for up to 2 months.



Natural /unrelaxed Black/Ethnic/African hair: heat straightening?

Get a good flat ceramic flat iron this way if you would to straighten it yourself you can do it at home. How to do is easy after washing and conditioning use product in your hair to protect it from heat, blowdry it first to dry, then use your flat iron this way your hair will stay straight longer.



I deal with the type of your hair every day and try all method and this is the only one that my clients said their hair stay straight for a week.



Natural /unrelaxed Black/Ethnic/African hair: heat straightening?

Why do you have to straighten your hair for work? When you're transitioning from relaxed to natural braids don't have to be your only other option. Check out blackhairmedia.com, in their discussion forum they have a thread for natural hair, growing hair, styling hair, etc... and there are many women transitioning from relaxed to natural and they love to share their tips for styling.



But if you must have straight hair, the Chi flatiron works best on natural hair. But you will have to continually flatiron your hair especially when you work out but that's not healthy for your hair in the longrun. Also check out nappturality.com, they have a lot of natural haircare information.



Natural /unrelaxed Black/Ethnic/African hair: heat straightening?

try using a pressing comb and a little oil sheen. at night just wrap it up or put it in some cornrows before u go to bed and when u wake up in the morning take them down and u can have a nice crinkled look. or after u press it wrap it at night with a silk scarf. the silk won't let your head sweat as much and so your hair won't sweat out. and when u got to work out just take the scarf with u



Natural /unrelaxed Black/Ethnic/African hair: heat straightening?

you can get some gels and lotions like dangereously straight from VO5 and user ceremic straightener for straightening but it would take a lot of time and will not hang on for not more than 3 days... its not so easy to maintain...



instead i suggest you can get japanese straightening done... it costs you more compared to the straighteners but believe me you dont have to think about maintaining for atleast 6 months... it just stays.. you can wash your hair and dry it as you normally do but your hair just stays straight...



try it... you will love it...



Natural /unrelaxed Black/Ethnic/African hair: heat straightening?

I get my hair straightened at a Japanese salon and they do it very well. It costs a bit of money but its totaly worth it (about 350 for my below the shoulders-breast length hair).



I don't know what area you live in but heres the link



to the salon's site, maybe that will help you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment