Monday, July 20, 2009

Black hair care regime for relaxed to natural transition?

So I've been growing out my relaxed hair for about 5 or 6 months now and my natural hair is really really really thick! I can't even put my hair into one pontytail with out lumps and bumps on the side, even with gel, damp or any other products!



I use a ponytail puff to wear my hair everyday and now the ends are breaking off and the hair is becoming dry.



Is there a hair care regime to soften my hair and to make it more managable?



(preferably organic)



How do you manage your natural hair/ new growth?



Black hair care regime for relaxed to natural transition?

Hello, I am a hair dresser. My advice to you is to get your hair braided so your ends don't break off. When you have new growth, you comb harder than you do with just relaxed hair and that puts unneeded tension on the relaxed hair. To soften your hair, comb your hair with a wide tooth comb while you are conditioning after you shampoo. Use hair lotion or blow out cream when you dry your hair. Try using hair oil and not hair grease and wrap foam instead of gel. Hair gel can break your hair off also. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment