Thursday, July 23, 2009

Roller Set-Natural African American Hair?

I have very thick tightly coiled African American hair that I get straightened out twice a month.It is 4a/4b hair type. My hair is just a little past my ears so it is not that long but it is healthy and full of body. I wanted to know if I can roller set my hair since I have natural hair? When my hair is in it's natural unstraightned state is curls up close to my head because of shrinkage.I am afriad of getting puffy roots because of my hair texture. Would this be an option for me and what products to use? I have seen alot online about roller sets for relaxed hair but don't know if they would work for me. Can I please get some directions and tips.



Thanks!



Roller Set-Natural African American Hair?

Yes! You can absolutely roller set natural hair. I do it all the time!



It does take a lot of practice though and you probably won't get straight roots. However, you can flat iron or blow dry the roots straight. Many people rollerset to reduce the amount of heat being used and then still flat iron their hair for the silkiest effect.



I suggest going to Sally Beauty Supply and getting some mesh rollers, setting lotion, and roller pins.



Make sure to condition your hair well. Use a spray bottle as your roll each section so that it's wet and easy to manipulate. Use a fine tooth comb to make sure your hair is completely smoothed out before rolling it. Secure with pins.



Tip: It doesn't matter the design you choose to roll your hair! The traditional mohawk method is great but you can roll however it's easiest for you.



I hope that helps.



Roller Set-Natural African American Hair?

sounds like it naturally curls so what's the use for the rollers?



Roller Set-Natural African American Hair?

You can't do a roller set on kinky hair. Not in its natural state. If you like the style you can twist lock it. Other than that, your options are limited. The only time you'll be able to get a roller set do is when you get it pressed. Try using pressing oil on it so it will hold longer. However, if you sweat in you head that's a done deal to.



Roller Set-Natural African American Hair?

I think you should use motion foaming wrap lotion and then put rollers in, get a net scarf and sit under a dryer



Roller Set-Natural African American Hair?

My suggestion would be to go to a salon that specializes in African American hair styles. One of the experts there could answer your question, as he or she is more familiar with that type of hair texture. Ordinarily, setting hair on rollers would tend to stretch it a bit, but African American hair, despite its texture, is very fragile and breaks easily. Therefore, you need to have an expert opinion by someone who works with that type of hair, to find out the best methods and styling tools you'll need. Good luck!



Roller Set-Natural African American Hair?

yes you can...i use organic root stimulator's elasti-tea setting lotion. you do it the same as you would with relaxed hair, just make sure that you roll the hair firmly (not tightly) around the roller.



p.s.-i hate shrinkage, my hair is currently chin length (i had it cut to an inch %26amp; a half all around a year ago) and when i let it air dry it looks like it's 1/4 of an inch long lol

No comments:

Post a Comment