Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sew-in Hair Weave on Natural Hair?

This has been previously asked but I want to take it a step further. I've never had sew-in weave but I like the idea of additional length without the wear and tear on my hair and without microbraids if possible. So with my hair being 100% natural now, can I have ALL of my hair sewn in and it still look 'right'? A lot of the directions I have read, say to leave the edges out. And either flat iron them or microbraid them. How do you wash the hair? This is something that I always wondered even with microbraids. I would assume very diluted shampoo but what technique. I would be using human hair I suppose. Also how long does the sew-in last and how best to keep it so it does last. Sorry know this is a loaded question but I'd rather get it all out than ask a million individual ones.



Sew-in Hair Weave on Natural Hair?

I have natural hair, and I get sew in weaves from time to time. I always leave out my hair from crown to the base, and around the back of the hairline (for when I want to put it in a ponytail). I wash it using Biolage shampoo and conditioner (or you can use Cream of nature). When blow drying, I use an Aveda brush along with the blow dryer and go section by section. My weaves last for a while, and I wash them every week. I treat it like its mines, and everyone thinks it is, even other stylists.



Good luck, just make sure you choose a texture of hair that's closes to yours.



Sew-in Hair Weave on Natural Hair?

http://www.lace-front-wig.com/... Report It



Sew-in Hair Weave on Natural Hair?

well, i was a big fan of sewn in weave. my hair is natural curly ad i used the wavy or curly hair. i would only leave out enough hair around the edges to cover the track. i wore all sorts of styles, short and long. i would start with long hair so i could cut in in a few weeks ad wear a bob or something like that. washing the hair is like washing your own only you dont want to tangle it. you are basically washing your scalp unless you are using gells and lotions n the hair. dont forget to condition the hair if using human hair, which is the best for maintaining a natural look thats lasting. many hair stylist will wash and style the hair for you. i hope i helped you.



Sew-in Hair Weave on Natural Hair?

Do you want to get a straight hair weave, as opposed to an afro weave ? if so then you definately have to sew in all the hair. My hair is relaxed but i have done it before. I think it looks less natural and more like you are wearing a wig, but its not bad at all. Washing your hair with a weave in it is possible, you just have to be real gentle. Also you want to make sure that the hair is tangle free, because a lot of human hair tangles up bad, when you wash it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment