Monday, July 20, 2009

Black women & natural hair :)?

I know a lot of black women think getting a perm makes their hair more manageable...but is it really worth putting harmful chemicals (that seep through your pores) to "maintain" on a day to day basis? I don't think so.



I think it's time we learn our own hair and make it work for us. God didn't make any mistakes (trust me). Our hair doesn't need to be fixed.



Let's be honest, most of us black women were never really taught how to take care of our own natural hair. (Slave Mentality).



With the proper knowledge, our own natural hair can look very regal and beautiful. Yes we are unique and beautiful.



I've been natural for about four years; and the growth is amazing. No breakage; just a full new head of hair.



Some people think that nappy hair is gross, unmanagable and dirty. SO NOT TRUE. Most of us have very tightly coiled hair which is very fragile and breaks when you put too much stress on it.



You notice after years and years of perms; the hair is thin and broken...



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

Keep it real!,..lets all get weaves!!!,.Their unbeweavable!..Give me a break!..Go Natural!!..B yourself!



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

Black women don't have blonde hair...



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

I am a black woman with beautiful long hair. It is almost to my butt. I have never had a perm it does way more damage that good. It eats at the roots and eventually it stops working.



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

Go natural. I think it's more beautiful when things are natural. I know it's harder to maintain, but, once you learn how to maintain is properly, you won't have so much trouble.



I agree with you. I know I don't have a lot of experience in this department, but I think you know what you're talking about.



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

ok?



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

I feel more comfortable with my hair relaxed. Do what works for you and I will do what works for me. I love seeing other women with natural hair, because it looks great..ON THEM..



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

I never realized (unitl Imus) that "nappy heads" was a derogatory thing that people said regarding the slaves back in the day. I won't use that word anymore in describing a black person, and I thing it sucks that black people want to straighten out their hair because they've bought into the belief that curly hair is unnattractive. I think you should grow your hair naturally and in a way that makes YOU feel attractive. This is a different time and, thank god, "beauty" is becoming more diverse.



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

I think that natural hair on black women is beautiful.



In particular, I've always loved the full-on "afro" look, much like these photos that you provided.



http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/u...



http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/u...



http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/u...



http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q94/u...



I know what you mean. If a black woman wants her hair straight, I see no problem with it, but I hate the fact that the natural look is looked down upon as if it's gross or dirty, when that's not the case.



EDIT: On Deal or No Deal, I love the model Hayley's hair.



http://www.nbc.com/Deal_or_No_Deal/model...



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

how about natural with a hair weave no chemicals just for length or just to change the color not with dye just with weave that's already colored that's pretty.



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

i've been wearing my natural hair for the past 3 years and i love it. natural is a personal preference just as perming/relaxing is. i opted to go natural because i was tired of having to worry about my hair when it rains or after going to a salon keeping "that" look. it's sad that almost every culture embraces their natural texture but ours and with negative comments like imus' that's what makes a lot of blacks negative with ourselves. too many people took offense to the former rather than the latter of his comment. i personally, love my "nappy" hair.



Black women %26amp; natural hair :)?

What are you talking about? Learn our own hair?! There's more black hairdressers than white ones. What makes you such an expert, you complacent jerk?

No comments:

Post a Comment