Monday, July 20, 2009

What's happening with my natural hair?

I have several textures in my hair--the back is straight, the top is wavy, and the middle is really tight and coarse. So I look like I have Frederick Douglass' hair-do. Not too cute. The middle is also shorter and breaks off a lot. Typically, I wash my hair once a week and deep condition. I will straw curl the back to make it the same length as the rest of my hair. Then I'll twist the rest of my hair in 2-strand twists. I take out in the morning.



Why is my hair breaking off in the middle? I've been natural almost a year in December. My hair's about 3-4 in. long, except in the back where it's a little longer. I only had my hair pressed a month ago. This left about 4 patches of silky straight hair in different places on my head. I'm so frustrated. I wanted my hair to be cute and presentable. But this is more trouble than getting relaxers. I'm getting braids in a couple weeks. Aside from braids, how can I get healthy, growing, and consistent hair?



What's happening with my natural hair?

I agree with the first poster. Cut your hair really short, get your braids, and start over. Obviously the cut should allow you to still get braids but that may be the best option. Also, get your hair done by a professional that specializes in natural hair.



What's happening with my natural hair?

u know what gurl ,you may have to cut it all off and start off fresh.....



your hair seems to be battling against itself, so if you stop the war on your head, your hair should come back the way it is intended to look....



What's happening with my natural hair?

braids are not a healthy hair choice....your hair is very fragile dry or wet and the braids put a lot of strain on your hair and cause it to break and can also cause permanent hair loss. I would stay with the relaxer, and cut your hair so it's even.



What's happening with my natural hair?

Hm.. maybe it's more damaged... i know the bottom or my hair gets the most split ends and beaks easiest, but it's also the longest lol



You might wanna cut thedamage off. once in a while, annually basically, i'll get like 4 inches cut off my hair. i'm trying to grow mine longer too though.. lol it sucks

No comments:

Post a Comment